With the latest publication of Satisar Foundation hitting the stands I would like to avail this opportunity for elaborating the activities of the foundation.
I don’t know were from to start. Having lot of things to share with you but unable to write down everything I wish you all been with us at Jammu .
1. After a constant persuasion and monitoring by Sh. Sudhir Ji we have been able to establish our office at Roop nagar area of Jammu. It is having good accommodation. This office is in the densely populated area of Kashmiri Pandits. We have shifted to our new office. The local mohalla committee welcomed us .The office opens at 3pm to 7pm daily and 9.30 am to 1 pm on Sundays. For smooth functioning we have deputed a Kashmiri Pandit as an computer/ office assistant who will be operating the office from 3pm to 7 pm daily and attending to phone calls.
2. The office has been computerized. We have established a computer along with a computer assistant who will start functioning from 15th. Of this month. the requirement of computer was felt necessary if we want to be prompt and fast in replying the mails, sending meeting details to our directors, sending scanned copies of receipts of donations to our donors, converting the researched material in the digital form, sending project details to the people concerned and networking our members etc. etc. Again Sh. Sudhir ji took the initiative by providing the finance for computer and the manpower associated with it. Truly if a person has a focused mind (sthiti pragya) he will never deviate from the aim and will achieve that what others could not.
3. The office will be connected with net after we get a telephone connection. We have processed the case in the BSNL.
4. The first ever newspaper on culture i.e. SATISAR – the cultural heritage has been converted into a magazine. From 4 page paper it has become a 20 page magazine. I am forwarding the electronic copy of magazine (being too heavy am sending this in parts). The magazine has succeeded in creating a unique place among the people all around the world. 8000 copies are not enough to cater the growing demand of people. Notwithstanding the affiliations people almost from every walk of life or party are coming forward to be part of these activities. With every passing day Satisar need to be more responsive and reachable.
5. From 1st. Jan.2008 we are going to open the first ever Heritage Shop of Satisar foundation. Sometimes because of paucity of material and know-how people were forced to resort to short cut methods thus compromising with the traditions. This Heritage Shop intends to provide the articles of religious and cultural importance free of cost for all and to every corner of the demand. Since the office is computerizes and will be connected with net we will be able to cater to the Demands from various quarters. We have initiated series of meeting with the Swami Kumar Ji and the like for creating a small scale infrastructure for the jobless village ladies who will provide us the desired material.
6. Recently we had an opportunity to meet Sh. Sunil Fotedar. Satisar parivar congratulated him and wished him success. We discussed the present and future plans of Satisar and he was very particular about the slow speed of sharing the information .We also discussed about the web site of Satisar and requested him for updating the site by providing the proper address, Changing the home page, and appealing the people for helping different projects (our latest magazine has carried the appeals)
7. Soon we are going to open the 4rth. Heritage center for the children at Talab Tiloo.All these centers will be looked after by different people who have volunteered them selves for the job. The study material is being provided by Satisar itself.
8. The paper on Inter Marriage (published in the month of March) is showing the results now. In the month of august Kashmiri students and parents left for Maharastra and other adjoining states for admissions in professional colleges. Sh. Anil Koul and Sh. Ajay Wuthoo who had accompanied the students to various colleges organized the small corner meetings in various colleges and distributed the Inter Marriage document among the students. Around one thousand copies of the document were distributed. In this connection various TV news channels interviewed the Chairman of Satisar Foundation. First being the ETV from Hyderabad .
9. Today we were interviewed by the NDTV on the subject of Inter –Marriage. This was fourth channel in a span of one month who covered the Inter Marriage project of Satisar.
10. As decided in Rishikesh (since we have a computer assistant) from next month we are going to provide you the project Details of various activities. Kindly put in your suggestions for the same. We have kept project details of almost every activity. You can ask for the details. From next meeting we will be sending you the minutes of the meeting on regular basis.
Respected all, we are in the 6th Year of the activity. I personally do not know how far we have been able to achieve our goal, what I know is that we have been able to stand by our cause , Promoting and propagating the cultural ethos of Kashmiri Pandits, projecting the cause rather than personality, remaining unblemished in this atmosphere of deception and decentralizing the organization . This all happened because you all believed in your selves and in us. Sometimes our relationship reached to its lowest ebb but the spiritual sanction of the work operated at that time. We have every hope in you. The hope that you will play your part in the foundation to its fullest and you will monitor and sometimes demand the things as we demand in our families. We need the Finances to sustain the infrastructure of Satisar and you have to be consistent in this regard. You can deposit the amount either directly in our bank account no. SBI 10250097228 or can courier to Satisar Foundation C/O 21/1A, Anuradha puram, BARNAI-POST OFFICE -MUTHI-181205-JAMMU-J&K-INDIA. Our postal address is same as written on our publications but private couriers does not cater the official post box.
The spirit of intense virtuous activity even for a short while is a thousand times superior to an age of idleness.
Muhurutam jwalitam sreyo, n ache dumayetam chiram
It is better to flame forth for one instant than to smoke away for ages.
Sept 11, 2007