|1. Name of the Institution:||SATISAR FOUNDATION|
|2. Head Quarters:||Sheetal Nath, Srinagar, Kashmir, J&K State, INDIA|
|3. Central Camp Office:||Sarwal, Jammu, J&K, INDIA|
4. Aims and Objectives of Satisar Foundation
i) To preserve and promote the age-old Values of Kashmiri Hindu Cultural tradition which includes language, philosophy, art and literature, history, sciences and the spiritual tradition;
ii) To inculcate and strengthen pride, excellence, ethics and self- reliance in the members of the community and to strive for the socio-cultural regeneration of the Kashmiri Hindu community;
iii) To strive for the building and sustenance of Cultural, Economic, Social and Educational institutions for the community of Kashmiri Hindus and to build resources for the Economic well-being and overall improvement of the community;
iv) To promote and patronize budding and talented people of the community especially in Language, Arts, Philosphy, Religion, Business, Sciences and Education.
5. SATISAR FOUNDATION, henceforth referred to as SATF would be a voluntary, non-profit, Socio-Cultural Organization constituted of upto eleven Directors. This Board of Directors (BOD) would choose the Chairman of the Foundation and a Secretary amongst the eleven Directors. The Chairman would head the Foundation and the Secretary would run the day to day business.
6. SATISAR FOUNDATION would be incorporated initially by a Board of Directors whose names and signatures are attached to this Constitution. This Constitution would be ratified by this Board of Directors and would then proceed to elect a Chairman, a Secretary and Director Finance and Director Public Relations.
Director and Board of Directors
7. Eminent members of the Kashmiri Hindu community with a recognized contribution and a proven track record in the Field of Social Service, Kashmiri Hindu Culture, Philosophy and Spiritual tradition, Education, Economics, Administration, Business and Arts and Literature could be co-opted by the existing members on the Board as a Director. The prospective Director must be born of Kashmiri Hindu parents.
8. A new Director on the Board would be co-opted for two years by a two thirds majority of the existing Directors on the Board.
9. The maximum number of Directors would be eleven and each of the Directors, including the Chairman would have a single vote.
10. The Chairman and the Secretary would be elected by a Simple vote amongst the existing board of Directors.
11. The Chairman would serve as the head of the Foundation for a period of one year. He or she can be re-elected for three consecutive terms for a mximum of three years.
12. Each Director would serve for a maximum period of two years on the Board.
13. Gross misconduct, working against the interests of the Foundation, Financial irregularities and discussing the internal and confidential matters in public would make the Director or the Chairman liable for disciplinary action or even removal.
14. A Director can be removed from the Board before the two year period by a two thirds majority after a simple majority of the Board of Directors bring in a written motion against him or her.
15. The Chairman can be removed as the head of the Organization by a two thirds majority after a two thirds of the members on the Board bring in a written motion for removal spelling out the reasons for removal.
16. The BOD will sit once every month to chalk out projects and plans to accomplish the charter of the Foundation. All such meetings would be chaired by the Chairman.
17. A Director, not normally resident in Jammu or India can choose a proxy amongst the remaining Directors on the Board to vote and decide on his or her behalf.
18. A Director, normally resident in Jammu or India would have to attend atleast seven of the twelve meetings of the Board to be held every year, failing which he or she could be liable for a motion of removal against him or her in the BOD.
19. All Directors, including the Chairman would need to uphold the values and the Constitution of the Foundation and should conduct himself or herself inside the institution or outside in public with utmost dignity, character, nobleness, humility and honesty.
20. The Chairman and the Board of Directors (BOD) would assign various responsibilties to other Directors as and when required. However, Director Finance and Director Public Relations would be elected at the time of the election of the Chairman.
21. The BOD would decide, when required, to increase the number of Directors on the board from eleven.
22. The quorum required for Board meetings would be seven out of eleven.
23. A Director assigned with a specific responsibilty will formulate his or her team to carry out those responsibilities.
24. Any amendment to this Constitution would need a nine out of eleven vote in the Board of Directors or proportionately if the number is less than eleven.
The funds needed for executing the projects and the day to day business of SATF would come from donations from the public and other charitable institutions. The Board of Directors would decide on time to time basis to mobilize such funds as also to implement projects in line with the charter of the Foundation.
The Chairman, the Secretary and the Director of Finance would be responsible for the Financial Code and any two of them would be authorized signatories. All payments above a certain amount (To be Decided in the Board Meeting) would need to be approved by the BOD before being sanctioned or disbursed.
All payments would need to have proper Receipts and the BOD would decide on those payments or expenses actually incurred but not accompanied by Receipts. This should be read in continuation of the above para.
The BOD will decide at a later stage whether some discretionary powers are to be vested in the Chairman or Director of Finance to sanction or approve payments upto a pre-decided nominal limit.
The Foundation will have an Audit every year and a Balance Sheet would have to be prepared every six months for the Board of Directors. The Balance Sheet would need to be signed by the Chairman, the Director Finance and the Secretary before being presented to the BOD.
In all Financial and other Organizational matters, the BOD would be the final deciding body.